Hop into holiday season with the most decadent dessert of all- MadeGood Double Chocolate Peppermint Truffles. Dipped in decadent dark chocolate and sprinkled with crisp cool peppermint crumbles, this dessert will surely get you in the spirit this season!
Share a little bit of magic amidst the hustle and bustle, and bring everyone together (from a distance) with a new festive favorite. Visions of sugar plums will dance right onto the table in this delectable dish filled with all of your favorite things.
In case you’re like me and took a quick glance at this recipe and your mind went straight to mushrooms- let me clarify! Despite their name, chocolate truffles are actually a chocolate confectionery dessert (and kryptonite for chocoholics everywhere). They get their name from their striking resemblance to truffle mushrooms, although they are a much sweeter alternative! Typically made with a chocolate ganache spherical center and coated in chocolate or cocoa powder, this sweeter substitute is made with MadeGood Double Chocolate Soft Baked Mini cookies combined with a few special ingredients!
Vegan and scrumptious- these sweet treats make the perfect DIY gift for friends and family or the perfect peppermint to your Christmas charcuterie or cookie board. Pack them into a cute holiday tin with a festive ribbon or bow for a simple yet sweet holiday gift or cookie swap, or place them on your charcuterie with some fresh pine sprigs to add some festive flair!
These minty morsels are bound to fly off the tray faster than Santa’s sleigh! They can be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator so they’re great to make ahead to save you time on the big day. This recipe is so simple yet so elegant that you will be calling yourself the “Master of Mint” within minutes of putting the final touches on these edible gems. With just 5 ingredients- these MadeGood Double Chocolate Peppermint Truffles only take 15 minutes from start to finish. So if you’re in a pinch, grab some peppermint and a food processor, and get to work!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chill Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 box (5 pillow packs) MadeGood Double Chocolate Soft Baked Mini Cookies
- 2-3 Tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¾ cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candies
- In the bowl of a food processor, add MadeGood Double Chocolate Soft Baked Mini Cookies, 2 tablespoons cream cheese and peppermint extract. Pulse until combined, (this takes about ten 1-second pulses). Scrape down the sides of the food processor (to be certain none of it gets lost!). If the mixture seems too dry, add another tablespoon of vegan cream cheese.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and using the palm of your hand, roll into a ball. Be creative and make them different sizes for varying appetites for sweets. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Freeze the balls for 10 minutes to harden.
- Place the vegan, stevia-sweetened chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 2 minutes on 50% power level, stopping to stir every 20 seconds until smooth. Remove the bowl once the chips are melted. (Be patient! You can lick the bowl after!)
- Take truffles out of the freezer and dip them one at a time into the chocolate. Tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate then immediately cover the truffle in crushed peppermint candies. Return truffle to baking sheet to set.
- Once cooled, enjoy the truffles with your favorite cup of hot cocoa or festive hot beverage, for an extra special sweet treat!
Recipe Author: Haley D Williams of If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen
Let the kids take the lead with this one and make it a family affair! Tiny hands are perfect to mold the MadeGood Soft Baked Double Chocolate Cookie mix into spherical shapes! With your little helpers at your side, this recipe is quick and simple, making even the most novice of bakers appear as if they were a professional. It’s the crowning cornerstone for any new bakers’ cookbook. Whether you are looking for a tasty treat for the kiddos that they can help prepare, or something simply mouthwatering to impress your coworkers at your annual Christmas party, we’ve got the ticket!
Word of warning: you may want to make a double batch!